Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will help lead the business analysis on major functional and cross-functional system initiatives, providing user support, system upgrades/enhancements, and leading business case development as well as integrating business processes and technology as needed. The BSA acts as an interface between business and IT functions and as an initial contact point for business leads in order to initiate project proposals.
Manage complex data analysis to understand business needs, define and document detailed business user requirements that drive tool, policy and process selection/definition.
• Build knowledge of and experience with company’s business capabilities, related solutions/systems, including managing applicable systems’.
• Participate as a business systems analyst, in lifecycle management and roadmap investment and sustainment projects
• Remain current with evolving applicable regulations, codes, guidelines
• Liaison with vendors to assess solution offerings and to be able to engineer solutions for business needs
• Actively compliant with all applicable rules/regulations/governance, including GXP
• Intimate Knowledge and experience with Pharma Business Function and applicable systems/solutions
• Working experience with interfacing solutions, cloud solutions and cloud vendor assessment
• Good understanding of Master Data management concepts & Analytics
• Partner with business facing IT team members and provide applicable IT subject matter expertise
• Work cross-functionally with internal and external partners and stakeholders
• 5+ years’ experience in Pharma/Health Science/Life Sciences field
• 6+ years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science/Engineering or 8+ years of relevant experience plus MS degree.
• Experience working with business and other IT partners & operating within a governance framework, globally
• Experience as a business system analyst: ability to listen, understand, interpret business needs, help evolve business processes, anticipate current/future needs, and outline/plan/implement IT solutions
• Experience with other Enterprise systems and holistic understanding of silo-less business processes
• Excellent written, verbal communication, documentation and teamwork skills
• Excellent interpersonal and professional interaction skills
• Good data stewardship (understanding of secure and sensitive data, and related security concepts)
• Experience with GxP is strongly preferred