Job Title: Senior Business Analyst – Financial Service
Type/ Location: Consultant/ San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst – Financial Services for one of our well-established financial institutions located in the Bay Area, CA.
This position performs in-depth business process analysis focused on financial software capabilities analysis, Data-driven analysis, and robust profitability to support key strategic initiatives, marketing programs, client reporting, and analytic needs to drive real business value.
In your role, you will work closely with internal stakeholders to provide solutions to process changes, technology enhancements, and develop/revamp profitability metrics.
Deliverables and Responsibilities:
- Define and document business and functional requirements for the profitability subsystem
- Engage and direct business partners and SMEs to identify priorities, scope, and requirements for complex business problems
- Serve as a subject matter expert and visionary for the business community and technical teams
- Manage and perform complex business and systems analysis
- Engage technical development team to transition requirements to design and determine the appropriate design approach
- Coordinate with project managers on deliverables, risks, and issues
- Develop and implement training for end-users
- Interacting with and leading business partners and team members
- Excellent communication and team skills
- 6+ years of experience in developing business and functional requirements for complex enterprise system and data warehousing projects
- Working knowledge of basic finance concepts pertaining to revenue and expense tracking.
- Strong critical analytic and critical thinking skills
- Proficient SQL skills and database knowledge in order to analyze data sources
- Proven understanding of the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Detailed and technically oriented and possess the ability to consider strategic initiatives and drivers
- Proven experience with business process modeling and systems analysis
- Proven experience within the financial services industry, including an understanding of financial products, concepts, data, and systems (particularly interested in brokerage products, systems, and data)
- Previous experience with data modeling and system design
- Knowledge of business intelligence
- A successful candidate will be analytical, well-organized, detail-oriented, timeline sensitive, and have excellent communication skills.
This is a challenging, analytic, and diverse work environment that you have a great opportunity to work in a strong, team-based culture with significant exposure to both key business groups and a complex technology environment.