Job Description: Compliance Manager - Privacy
Location / Type: Redwood City CA contract
The Compliance Manager has strong experience and understanding of technology, privacy (GDPR) and IT Controls. The consultant works cross-functionally with stakeholders and partners and with Product and Engineering teams to evaluate new products, features, and processes. The Compliance Manager, Privacy is an expert to internal teams and guides them in designing privacy-respecting policies, processes, and solutions.
Presents to customers and internal teams about privacy and data protection and privacy by design/default.
Works with as Legal, Security, and Compliance in order to help manage the operations of the privacy program
Our client is building scalable processes and programs ensuring they are customer-centric and fit a rapidly growing company worldwide.
Experience and Education
- 2 to 5 years of consulting experience in technology, privacy, and risk control
- Big 4 Compliance Experience or Internal Audit experience
- Familiarity with security and privacy standards such as SOC, ISO 27001, ISO 27018, HIPAA, etc.
- Experience with regional (ex GDPR) or country-specific privacy requirements throughout Europe or Asia
- Working knowledge of data protection - EU-US/Swiss-US Privacy Shield-
- Understands and has implemented the GDPR
- Experience negotiating data protection agreements with customers and vendors
- CISA, CISSP, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT nice to have