Job title: Project Manager - Technical Infrastructure
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Long-Term Contract
The Project Manager - Technical Infrastructure manages project delivery in the high performance computing environment used in medical and health science related research. The Project Manager - Technical Infrastructure manages the environment provisioning information technology (IT) service delivery for critical, enterprise-based application platforms.
The fundamentals of this position are managing the buildout of new environments and assuring consistent and optimal operations of existing environments to meet the customer’s needs. The Project Manager partners with customers and counterparts; manages cross-functional teams, conducts rigorous planning, effective problem solving, and has excellent communication skills.
High Performance Computing (HPC) Solutions Delivery
Executes environment provisioning initiatives from planning to transition to operations with following responsibilities:
- Coordination of architecture design activities and technical delivery installation tasks across multiple environment layers and tiers (i.e. application, database, middleware, and infrastructure) and validation and acceptance by end customer
- Certification of build against design specifications
- Triage environment issues during “warranty” and shakeout periods
- Assurance of readiness by IT operations service providers
- Management and coordination of environment readiness activities to support application development, QA and UAT testing activities (data refresh, code deployment, access management, issue management)
- Validates environment IT security access requests for proper group roles and usage privileges per IT security policies
- Negotiates with the environment owners and program directors to prioritize tasks based on changing demands
- Champion technical solutions to automate processes or functions to improve IT operations and service delivery
- Oversees development and continual improvement of routine operations and support procedures and service level agreements for consistency application operations and service delivery
- Develops and manages a high level and detailed project plan for the implementation of changes in the IT systems.
- Drives and manages implementation plan; requirements, development, testing, and Go Live for all technical systems delivery changes.
- Delivers high level requirements and document the consolidated requirements in the business requirements documents (BRDs)
- Builds the end- to-end test validation plan
- Stages releases on enterprise release calendar.
- Incorporates any necessary vendors’ testing with the end-to-end testing.
- Creates contingency plans
- Manage project status meetings and communications
- Technical Project Management – Project Management experience specific to the delivery of application systems inclusive of the underlying infrastructure components, i.e. hardware, operating system, application middleware and application software
- Outstanding communications skills and ability to communicate, articulate, and tailor message to multiple audiences
- Software & Configuration Release management – experience with principles, processes and methodologies of software development lifecycles with respect to the fundamentals of release/deployment activities and configuration controls
- Directing team members that are not direct reports to accomplish goals that require cross-team coordination
- Knowledge and expertise in IT process development, implementation. and management
- 8+ years’ experience in IT-related systems implementation, application delivery, operations and support
- PMP and/or ITIL certification preferred