Addastaff Consulting’s Government Service Practice is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support engineering and design work onsite in Richland, WA. The Hanford site in Richland was used in national defense and is now a large deactivation, decommissioning, decontaminating, and demolishing project.
The Mechanical Engineer will prepare engineering documents, including calculations, technical evaluations, specifications, purchase requests, fabrication travelers, and procedures in compliance with client procedures.
The Mechanical Engineer Duties Will Include:
- Site infrastructure evaluations and infrastructure upgrade design
- Equipment and tooling design, development, procurement, installation, and testing
- Site operations engineering support, work execution planning, and support to equipment maintenance
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Develop the design and technical specifications for procurement
- Assist with evaluations of subcontractor qualifications and proposals
- Provide technical review and direction to the subcontractor, including for the resolution of Non-Conformance, establish and track of corrective actions
- Ensure the subcontractor complies with technical requirements of the subcontract
- Review and approve subcontract deliverables and invoices
- Witness factory acceptance testing or other inspections and audits in support of QA
- Prepare, plan and participate in site walk downs to capture actual plant configuration
- Prepare the Tool Testing and Training procedures and shake-out support
- Support emergent tooling and equipment design
- Provide equipment mobilization support
- Develop evolving sequence layout support
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of mechanical engineering experience in the area of facilities engineering, equipment and tooling design, operations, outage work, cleanup and closure, dismantlement and decommissioning.
- Proficiency in the use of 3D modelling and CAD tools.
- Proficiency in technical writing
- Ability to lead and support teams, interface with clients and subcontractor
- Knowledge of the ASME/ANSI standards and codes
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and Pro-Engineer