Job Title: Senior Business Analyst – Pharmaceutical/ Biotech
Type/ Location: Consultant / San Mateo County, CA
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst – Pharmaceutical/ Biotech for one of our top well-known health science company located in the Bay Area, CA.
This position performs in-depth of analysis focused on laboratory operations, laboratory information systems implementation, integration, and improvement to support key strategic initiatives, marketing programs, and analytic needs to drive real business value.
In your role, you will work closely with internal stakeholders including IT teams, internal researching users, cross-functional business teams, and testing teams to ensure the implementation of projects.
Deliverables and responsibilities:
- Define and document business and functional requirements for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process/policies.
- Engage and direct business partners and SMEs to identify priorities, scope, and requirements for complex business problems
- Manage and perform complex business and systems analysis
- Engage technical development team to transition requirements to design and determine appropriate design approach
- Coordinate with project managers and engineers on deliverables, risks, and issues
- Develop and implement trainings for end users
- Excellent communication and team skills
- 3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, health science, or life science field
- 5+ years of experience in laboratory operation analysis, laboratory enterprise system implementation/improvement, and data modeling
- Strong critical analytic and critical thinking skills
- Detailed and technically oriented and possess the ability to consider strategic initiatives and drivers
- Proven experience with business process modeling and systems analysis
- Working knowledge of GMP, GLP, GCP, QSR, GAMP and 21 CFR Part 11
- Knowledgeable in applying SOPs, work instructions and regulatory requirements to the System Development Life Cycle
- Experience with testing and supporting manufacturing, laboratory and clinical applications and business systems is plus. (i.e. SaaS cloud, LES, MES, PLC, SCADA, LIMS, CDAS, CDMS, EDC, CTMS, SAP)
- Experience with client server, RDMS databases (Oracle, SQL, etc.), and web applications is plus
This is a challenging, fast-pace, and diverse work environment that you have a great opportunity to work in a strong team with significant exposure to both key business groups and technology teams.