Job Title: LDAP Engineer (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
Location: San Francisco, CA - Long term contract
The LDAP engineer maintains and enhances the company’s Directory Services platforms and associated operating systems and services. Works with the team responsible for the architecture, design and development of systems supporting LDAP servers. The LDAP infrastructure supports wide and varied services that require high availability and performance in a secure environment.
Responsibilities will also include coordinating with various technology infrastructure teams for infrastructure projects, managing systems life cycle and evaluating existing solutions for optimizations or enhancements.
- Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers delivering solutions specializing in a range of technologies with a remit to define and build integrated architectures for secure, scalable infrastructure services serving a diverse set of internal and external use cases
- Collaborate with Linux and LDAP engineers across the enterprise to optimize and enhance the security and run time operations of different Linux-based LDAP instances
- Engage with LDAP consumers to collaborate on efficient and secure integration approaches for their application requirements
- Contribute to the definition, monitoring and escalation of Service Level Objectives (SLO's) for the LDAP environments using industry-standard tools to monitor and adopt to breaches of the SLO's
- Automate tasks in Linux-based scripting languages to increase efficiency of the team and detect abnormal behavior of the systems
- 5 + years of experience managing and deploying of a Linux LDAP Infrastructure
- Expertise in the definition and monitoring of Service Level Objectives (SLO's).
- Familiar with identity management and federated identity concepts
- Technical knowledge of LDAP environments in medium to large enterprises
- Sound working knowledge of Linux Operating System internals
- Experience architecting and implementing business continuity plans, recovery strategies and hardening strategies for LDAP environments
- Implementing controls and monitoring solutions to ensure appropriate security, performance, scalability and monitoring guidelines are achieved for the LDAP instances.
- Protocol-level expertise with LDAP and Kerberos
- Proficiency in designing, developing and testing software in Python and Java; willingness to learn and adopt new languages
- Fundamental understanding of secure application and environment design and management concepts