Mobile Development Lead
San Francisco, CA
Contract to hire
The Native Mobile Lead is focused on executing full stack mobile and responsive mobile web solutions for corporate and consumer banking clients.
The Native Mobile Lead will lead a team of native developers through product development and maintenance, working as a member of a mobile scrum team to review product backlogs/epics/user stories, develop system designs/prototypes and software solutions by leveraging various in-house and vendor solutions.
In-depth knowledge and expertise with mobile development (iOS, Android & Hybrid) best practices, extensive experience of multi-device solution implementation will be necessary to succeed in this role.
The Mobile Native Lead must be experienced in architecting high-quality scalable maintainable mobile native and hybrid applications.
- Work with business owners/product owners and system leads (including vendor solutions) to design and negotiate solutions and participate in the long-term planning of products
- Ensure commitments are met while providing high quality and cost-effective systems that meet customer expectations
- Experience in full stack hands-on mobile development of native Android app design and implementation (iOS and Android), including system analysis, test driven application development, test automation, code review and application maintenance support
- Adapt digital Agile approach and work with mobile vendors to implement mobile solutions
- Drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
- Code and ship complex new mobile features and apps at high velocity and high quality with well-structured code
- Keep up to date on new technologies, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to a rapidly changing digital environment
- Work with the application support team and external vendors to ensure all applications are supported according to their SLAs
- Act as subject matter expert for iOS/Android development
- Troubleshoot debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
- Hands-on development experience and full understanding of mobile app development pipelines and processes including development of applications that interface with hardware accessories
- Lead and mentor junior mobile developers
- 10+ years of direct experience in mobile solution design and implementation
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related technical field
- Experience in native mobile app development (Android, iOS or Window devices); hands-on Java and/or Swift/Object-C and/or React Native code
- Hands-on development experience with cross platform display and performance optimization
- Experience in test-driven development and test automation
- Proficient in Agile and Scrum practices
- Knowledge of backend web services and APIs