San Mateo, CA
The BIM Manager provides BIM (Building Information System) management including CAD and Revit system management at the company’s corporate headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
- Develop comprehensive CAD and Revit plans, schedules, and details for all existing and new buildings and sites in San Mateo, California.
- Work effectively on multi-discipline project teams, as well as on other non-project related cross-functional teams.
- Be responsible for all development and maintenance of Revit/CAD standards.
- Play a key role in construction projects, including participation in development of BIM execution plans and enforcement of orderly project closeout efforts and organization of project documentation.
- Represent the department in multidisciplinary internal/external project teams.
- Collaborate across all functional areas to insure project advancement, rapid and best-in-class execution, and communication of challenges/opportunities.
- Be an effective communicator of ideas, BIM system goals and results.
- Make presentations and updates to senior management and to broader forums, both internal and external to the company.
- Document Control Management experience.
- CAD degree preferred or 5 yrs. of experience in CAD drafting.
- Knowledge and ability to read and understand design documents.
- Design disciplines in the following: Architectural, Civil, Structural, MEP/FP, Low Voltage.
- CAD/BIM experience coordinating.
- Engineering or Architectural degree is preferred.
- AutoCAD experience
- Revit experience
- Navisworks Manage (viewing and clash detection software).
- Sheet Set Manager (or other project determined platforms).
- Sheet Creation Plotting and Publishing.
- Strong computer skills and adept at learning new software.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).