Title: Senior Integration Developer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Long-Term Contract
The Senior Integration Developer works with architects, data analysts, and business analysts to accept requirements, translates the requirements into solution designs and participates in the full development process life cycle from concept through testing, implementation, and support using the Agile development methodology.
The position requires strong knowledge and experience with Enterprise Integration, Web Services, RESTful API Development, and Kafka Messaging. While strategic thinking and coordination are important elements of this role, the Senior Integration Developer will be required to take a very hands-on role with requirements, design, development, testing, deliverables preparation, and other related activities across various Information Systems groups.
- Define systems integrations, design patterns, and development standards to support cross-functional, multi-system solutions that scale and are flexible to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
- Perform ongoing customizations to product features and integrations with other systems.
- Perform thorough code reviews based on high engineering standards and write unit and integration tests based on chosen DevOps frameworks.
- Build distributed back-end applications with cloud ready approach.
- Understand repeatable automated processes for building applications, test them, document them, and deploy them at scale.
- 7+ years of experience delivering enterprise solutions as a hands-on Engineer developing complex systems integrations.
- Experience with Confluent Kafka components (Connect, Schema Registry, KsqlDB).
- Strong experience in enterprise application integration including SOA, BPM, APIs, Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), Microservices, Containerization (Open Shift Containers, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience using JSON, XML, XSD, and other data payload formats.
- Hands-on experience in Linux and middleware technologies (Mulesoft, Kafka, Lambda).
- Hand-on experience working with API gateway solutions (Apigee, Mulesoft Anypoint platform, AWS API Gateway).
- Hands-on experience working with Java.
- Expert level understanding of REST/SOAP paradigm and sync vs async integration design and architecture.
- Experience with AWS Cloud.
- Experience in DevOps stacks (CI & CD) and other dependency management and build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Ant, and Ivy.
- Strong experience with NoSQL and relational data stores.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests with testing frameworks (Any of: Junit,Jmeter, Citrus or similar technologies).
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks such as Splunk, ElasticSearch, AppDynamics, or New Relic.