Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Long-Term Contract
The Senior Business Analyst supports multiple lines of business on projects building and improving the data infrastructure around the bank's loans and deposits.
The Senior Business Analyst interacts with business users and the technical team and is involved in the planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems.
The Senior Analyst builds technical specifications that ensure the business receives the correct data sets for analytics, internal and external reporting.
- Perform data analysis and design activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level for an enterprise data warehouse
- Engage and direct business partners and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify priorities, scope, and requirements for complex business problems
- Engage technical development team members to transition requirements to designs and determine appropriate design approaches
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and visionary for the business and technical teams
- Coordinate the efforts of internal and external technical and nontechnical staff, and key users in the support of existing data
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Develop reporting and Business Intelligence prototypes with the goal of industrialization in a controlled environment
- Plan and execute system testing and user acceptance testing
- Provide new capabilities and drive value from existing capabilities
- Work with the business team to come up with technical solutions for data projects
- Define and document business and functional requirements
- Project planning and management of business team deliverables
- Supporting production reporting systems
- 10+ years of business and data analysis experience in the implementation of data marts and other data related solutions
- 5+ years of banking or financial services experience in the domain of loans, deposits, brokerage, or wealth management
- 3+ years of experience in the delivery of regulatory or risk reporting solutions in banking or the financial services industry
• Excellent SQL skills to analyze, profile data,and build report prototypes before handing over to ETL team
• Interface with business teams to understand business requirements and existing systems to deliver reporting and dashboard solutions
• Work with onsite and offshore vendor partners in the execution of data projects
• UAT Test Cases and Scripts experience to test the rollout of different phases of the data mart