Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Long-Term Contract
The Business Analyst must have a strong Quality Assurance (QA) skill set. The Business Analyst will be responsible for collaborating with project stakeholders to understand and interpret project requirements; translate the requirements into varying detailed documentation including but not limited to detailed analysis, use case definitions, process designs, test plans, and test execution scripts.
The Business Analyst will also be required to create and present quality presentations in support of the project requirements, gap analysis, testing results, defect tracking, and status.
This role also requires exceptional communication skills with an ability to build and maintain working relationships with our accounting team members, banking line of business (loans, deposits), technology, and other various involved departments as this individual will work cross-functionally with multiple teams, technology, and business operations.
- Work as an effective liaison between Accounting, Business Operations, Technology, and other various business units to ensure that project needs are addressed.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to document requirements and the associated use cases to thoroughly define and represent the mandated functionality and results.
- Identify, document, and communicate possible gaps in requirements, and at times collaborate with other SMEs to provide possible solution options.
- Be accountable for high-quality analysis and detailed documentation to facilitate effective decision making, communication, and consistent project execution and delivery.
- Provide business partners and project teams with guidance, and with high quality documentation contributing to optimum designs, testing, deliver and effectively manage change and risk.
- Given the bank’s delivery of many technology solutions and related services are through third parties, you may be required to work closely and effectively with multiple third parties.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- 5+ years of business/ process analysis / quality assurance required.
- 5+ years of banking or financial services industry experience in the domain of accounting, loans, and deposits
- 5+ years of experience that demonstrates an in-depth understanding of IT and Financial Accounting systems and operations is a plus.
- Batch testing or ETL testing that involves batch process and validation.
- Backend data testing
- Experience with batch processing, testing and validation
- Strong knowledge on SQL server and TSQL
- Familiarity with Agile, writing and execution of User Stories is a plus.
- Knowledge of JIRA is a plus.
- QA experience in banking