Job Title: Internal Control Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Long-Term Contract
As an Internal Control Analyst for the bank, you will be primarily responsible for preparing requests related to internal or external audits. You will also be performing ongoing control monitoring, including auditing loan processing activity to verify completeness and accuracy.
Additionally, the Internal Control Analyst will partner with various lending services departments to conduct Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) to ensure operational risks are adequately managed and issues are brought to Management’s attention in a timely manner for resolution.
- Prepare internal or external audit related requests.
- Partner with the bank’s internal audit department, SOX Program Office, third-party auditors, and other relevant regulatory bodies to ensure the completion of successful and timely audits.
- Perform ongoing monitoring or testing of process controls.
- Assist with the completion of the lending services process.
- Assist with Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA).
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.); 2) adhering to bank policies and procedures; 3) completing required training; 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer; and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the bank.
- 3+ years of Internal Control Analyst experience.
- 2 to 3 years of banking experience. Knowledge of commercial and residential lending products and operations preferred.
- Knowledge of AFS (commercial loan servicing system) and/or OSI (residential loan servicing system) is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A results-oriented self-starter, requiring minimal oversight to manage multiple priorities and achieve defined goals while dealing with ambiguous situations.
- The ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-stress environment when multiple audits occur concurrently.
- An aptitude for quickly forging effective working relationships with a variety of personalities in multiple departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a strong attention to detail.